1. Peder enjoys being neat and tidy, so one of his is favorite responsibilities is to keep his bed made and pillows straight. Each morning the first thing he does is tuck in his quilt and put his yarn doll upright by the pillow.
2. Feed the cats. Peder likes to tell stories to the cats while they're eating their food. He finds that they are great listeners, since they purr at all the right places, and "meow" at the most exciting parts.
3. Feed Autumn. "Freshly sizzled sausage, Yum, yum!"
4. It's Peder's job to harvest vegetables from the small garden patch. Peder picks one tomato at a time and puts it into a wheelbarrow with the other vegetables. He makes this more fun by picking a different vegetable each time he reaches back to the garden bed. First a tomato, then a carrot, then a green bean, then a turnip.
5. Peder also has the job of sorting the vegetables and filling up the food stand with the fresh collection.